The Pierrot Productions organization is happy to announce auditions for THEY’RE PLAYING OUR SONG on Saturday, March 7, and Sunday, March 8, starting at 12:00 Noon, and Tuesday, March 10, starting at 7:00 PM.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
THEY’RE PLAYING OUR SONG is a musical based on the real-life relationship of composer Marvin Hamlisch and lyricist Carole Bayer Sager. In the show, Vernon Gersch, winner of three Emmy Awards and one Academy Award for his music compositions, agrees to partner with young lyricist, Sonia Walsk. Even though Sonia already has a boyfriend, she and Vernon soon fall in love.
The show will be directed by Pete LaBriola, with musical direction by Pam Sharples and Lou Woodruff.
This light, comically romantic musical will be presented at Mercer County College’s Kelsey Theatre on Friday, May 29, Saturday, May 30, Friday, June 5, and Saturday, June 6 at 8:00 PM, and Sunday, May 31, and Sunday, June 7 at 2:00 PM.
- Saturday, March 7, starting at 12:00 Noon
- Sunday, March 8, starting at 12:00 Noon
- Tuesday, March 10, starting at 7:00 PM
All auditions will take place at Mercer County College – Room to be announced at a later date.
- Sonia Walsk – a neurotic lyricist (based on Carol Bayer Sager) – late 30s-40s
- Vernon Gersh – a neurotic composer (based on Marvin Hamlisch) – late 30s-40s
- Sonia’s Alter Egos/Ensemble (3) – adult ages open
- Vernon’s Alter Egos/Ensemble (3) – adult ages open
Applicants are asked to come prepared with an upbeat song from any compatible musical theater work, and a 1 – 3 minute contemporary comic monologue. Remember, this is a goofy comedy about some very stereotypical characters, so choose accordingly.
Light choreography will be assigned as needed, probably at a callback session.
QUESTIONS & APPOINTMENTS:
For any questions or to make audition appointments, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org