Theater To Go has announced auditions for their upcoming production of Roebling: The Story of the Brooklyn Bridge, which is coming to The Kelsey Theatre this November! Wanna audition? Good! Here is everything you need to know!
This is a non-union, non-paid production.
About the Show
Roebling: The Story of the Brooklyn Bridge brings to the stage the human drama surrounding the herculean construction effort to complete one of the most endearing and enduring engineering icons in the world John Roebling sets out to build the most ambitious engineering project of the Industrial Revolution-The Brooklyn Bridge. But when John Roebling is killed in a freak boat accident his son Washington Roebling reluctantly takes over as chief engineer. But soon he too is severely injured on the work site. With a rival steel company closing in to snatch the project away, Washington’s wife Emily surprises the establishment of the day by stepping in to lead the workers when her husband becomes to infirm to leave his apartment and to insure the Roebling name is forever attached to the Brooklyn Bridge. This is a play about innovation the strength of family that brought this technology to the world.
- Monday, August 1st from 7pm-9pm
- Tuesday, August 2nd from 7pm-9pm
Production Company & Creative Team
- Presented by Theater To Go
- Written by Mark Violi
- Directed by Ruth Markoe
Performance Dates & Location
- All performances will take place inside The Kelsey Theatre at Mercer County Community College
- Performance Dates:
- Friday, November 11th at 8pm
- Saturday, November 12th at 8pm
- Sunday, November 13th at 2pm
- Possible school show on Friday, November 11th at 10am
How To Sign-up
- Please prepare a dramatic monologue.
- You may also do a reading from the script.
NOTE: The roles of John Roebling and Emily Roebling have already been cast.
- WASHINGTON ROEBLING – mid 30’s-45 John’s Son and eventual chief engineer of the project
- CC MARTIN – mid 30s-50 First Asst. Engineer worked side by side with the Roeblings
- MARY MARTIN – late 20’s-40 CC’s traditional Victorian wife- Emily’s friend
- HALDIS DICKEY – 50’s+ Shady businessman- the Roebling’s nemesis
- NATHANIAL DICKEY – mid 20’s-30 Dickey’s meek son
- EF HARRINGTON – 40’s-60’s Jovial Master Builder- Flamboyant
- DR. SMITH – 40+ Doctor Oversees the bridge Project and Roebling health
- HORATIO ALLEN – 45+ Chairman of the East River Bridge Company; friend to John
- MR. ALLEN, MR. LEANARD, & MR. AIKEN – Engineering Commission Members
Also needed are stagehands and production assistants. Contact info@TheaterToGo if interested.