The Pennington Players have announced that they are searching and accepting show proposals (plays and musicals) for the 2017-2018 season at The Kelsey Theatre, as well as for any other available venue.
The Pennington Players will accept proposals from anyone who is interested; the person submitting the proposal must be either the prospective producer or prospective director. Note that all proposals must include both a director and producer, and that these roles must be filled by different individuals. It is recommended that proposing directors/producers attempt to fill as many production staff roles as possible before submitting a proposal (though this is not required). A given director/producer may submit proposals for multiple shows.
Proposals MUST be submitted in writing. Please use the template provided to ensure that your proposal contains all required elements. The proposal and consideration process is outlined below.
- A written proposal should be submitted to the Board of the Players before the proposal deadline; the submission deadline for the 2017-2018 Season at Kelsey Theatre is September 10, 2016. Proposals received after this date may not be considered.
- Proposals should be sent via email to email@example.com
- The Players’ Board will review all proposals. If necessary, finalists will be asked to attend an in person interview to discuss the proposed production and address Board questions.
- The Players will respond directly to all proposals, whether or not they are accepted, by October 30, 2016.
- ” Following this date, the selected show(s) will be submitted to the Kelsey Theatre Artistic Director. Multiple shows may be submitted to Kelsey Theatre and final decision of which show(s) will be produced will be made by the Kelsey Theatre Artistic Director. Once shows are selected, the Pennington Players will file for the appropriate performances right. Once performances rights are secured, the Players will formally announce their 2016-2017 season.
If you have any questions about either the Pennington Players or this proposal process, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.