Theater To Go has announced auditions for their upcoming production of To Kill a Mockingbird, which is coming to The Kelsey Theatre in March 2017! Wanna audition? Good! Here is everything you need to know!
READ MORE: Ushers Needed for Future Kelsey Shows!
This is a non-union, non-paid production.
About the Show
The place is Maycomb, Alabama, in the Great Depression years of the 1930s. Momentous events unfold through the eyes of ten-year-old Scout Finch, growing up in a close-knit neighborhood with her older brother Jem and their summertime visitor Dill. When their father Atticus Finch, a well-respected lawyer, mounts a vigorous and compelling case for the defense of Tom Robinson, a poor black man accused of the rape of a young white girl, an idyllic world of childhood is changed forever. Through the drama of the trial and its aftermath comes a searching examination of freedom, justice, honesty, and hypocrisy. A compelling, deeply moving story told with warmth and humor.
All auditions will take place inside the CM Building (right next to The Kelsey Theatre) on the West Windsor Campus of Mercer County Community College (1200 Old Trenton Road, West Windsor, NJ 08550)
- Sunday, December 18th from 1pm-5pm
- Monday, December 19th from 7pm-9:30pm
Production Company & Creative Team
- Presented by Theater To Go
- DIRECTOR: Ruth Markoe
Performance Dates & Location
- All performances will take place inside The Kelsey Theatre at Mercer County Community College
- Performance Dates:
- Friday, March 17th at 8pm
- Saturday, March 18th at 8pm
- Sunday, March 19th at 2pm
- Friday, March 24th at 10am & 8pm
- Saturday, March 25th at 8pm
- Sunday, March 26th at 2pm
How To Sign-up
- Contact production team for additional rehearsal information.
What You Need for the Audition
- Prepare a dramatic monologue.
- You may also be asked to read from the script.
All roles are open.
SCOUT – White female, 8-14 years old
- JEM – White male, 10-15 years old
- ATTICUS – White male, late 30s-early 50s
- CALPURNIA – African American female, late 30s-late 50s
- DILL – White male, 10-15 years old
- MAUDIE ATKINSON – White female, early 40s-early 50s
- WALTER CUNNINGHAM – White male, late 40s-late 50s
- REVEREND SYKES – African American male, early 50s-mid 50s
- HECK TATE – White male, early 40s-mid 50s
- STEPHANIE CRAWFORD – Female, early 60s-late 70s
- BOO RADLEY – Male, early 40s-early 50s
- MRS. DUBOSE – Female, late 60s-early 80s
- TOM ROBINSON – African American male, mid 20s-late 30s
- JUDGE TAYLOR – Male, late 50s-early 70s
- MR. GILMER – White male, early 30s-late 50s
- BOB EWELL – Male, early 40s-mid 50s
- MAYBELLA – Female, 17-25 years old
- ENSEMBLE – Various
Also seeking production assistants. Please email if you are interested in helping.
How To Sign-up
About Theater To Go
Theater To Go will be holding non-Equity auditions for their upcoming production of To Kill a Mockingbird by Christopher Sergel, based on the novel by Harper Lee to be produced at Kelsey Theatre March 17-26, 2017. Rehearsals will begin in Mid/late January. For questions or comments or to get some suggested readings from the play, please contact Ruth@TheaterToGo.com